Thursday 12 August 2010

My creative space



It is crazy busy at work right now and I’ve not managed to do much sewing of late. However, I do have something in my space to show you. (Mr CraftyAdy shook his head when he saw this and muttered something about having yet another UFO.)

I have been inspired by Kirsty’s granny shrug, Lara’s granny shrug and more recently, Fiona’s granny shrug. I thought I’d try to have a go at it. You may recall that I told you that I can’t knit to save my life and can only just barely crochet. After many hours, much gnashing of teeth, a great deal of cussing and numerous occasions of unravelling, I finally figured out what I am supposed to be doing and it’s progressing very very slowly.

Have a creative day, friends.

You can find other creative spaces here.

7 comments:

  1. so excited for you...You will be finished in no time and ready forsomething else...Crochet is addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! Don't tell me you crochet too! I have never been able to decipher the code that crochet patterns are all written in....maybe I need an enigma machine...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, Amanda ... it's going VERY slowly and I find it very hard getting the yarn to 'flow' and so I progress very slowly. I hope I can keep it going and actually finish it.

    Hiya Clair - not really ... this is my first 'big' project. I have previously only made 2 washcloths for the kids. That's it! I don't know how to read a pattern and the code you mentioned totally confuses me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ady - it's looking good. I'm glad there is someone else in blogland who didn't find this a piece of cake and had to work at it! It'll be worth it n the end.

    My double-ended crochet hook is fantastic but not soft and squishy in the middle like it looks. It's a Japanese brand and better than my plastic or even bamboo hooks; but my favourite so far are the Clover Soft Touch hooks - much softer and somehow very comfortable to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to crochet...I'm not super good at it, but I love it during the winter months. Last winter I tried to learn how to knit...wasn't pretty!!! That purple is such a pretty color...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Fiona - I have one of those Clover soft touch hooks. They are nice but they don't make them past 7mm I think. Those double ended ones are really dear over here - I've only ever seen them on EBay.

    Thanks CountryMouse and Handmadehappiness. I am very partial to purple. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.