Tuesday 15 June 2010

Midweek bag eye candy

I'm working on a new tote bag and writing it up as a tutorial as well in case it does turn out to be very nice. It's looking very hopeful and I think it has great potential. I'll share a sneak preview with you during Thursday's My Creative space post and then hopefully, I can post the finished bag and the tute over the weekend.

In the meantime, I'd like to share with you another small selection of my past creations.


As you can probably tell by now, I do like the Basket bag shape. It's great for showcasing really nice fabric like this blue cranes Japanese print which I think is from Kona Bay.



Little zippy pouches like these are super quick to whip up and make terrific stocking fillers at Christmas. They also don't require a lot of fabric so they are great for using up scraps.



This yummy green bamboo bag has lovely rounded leather handles and a zip closure recessed into the top.



I wanted to try a different way of putting handles on a bag. This purple linen bag was made specially for a colleague's daughter who had just moved to senior school. I knotted the straps through some grommits which I had put into the bag.



I'm always looking out for special finds in remnant baskets outside our local curtain shops and this lovely aqua and brown fabric was one such find. Isn't it pretty? It was a two-way fabric woven in such a way that it was aqua on one side and brown on the reverse side.

See you Thursday! *waving*

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.